Monday 7 April 2014

My how time flies - my Colour of Couture journey continues

I was really hoping to post again before now, but the weeks have flown somehow.  Anyway, today I am making the time to blog my last two COC challenges.

Colour of Couture is proving to be a wonderful but definate challenge, and it is really stretching me as a model and a stylist, as I hoped it would.  I am relishing it, and having a blast, even if it is nerve wracking at times.  I can't believe we are about half way through already.

Since my last blog post we have done two further Style Challenges, Cosmo Couture for Earth Day, and last weekend, a Challenge to style Thom Browne Spring/Summer 2014.

Earth Day Challenge 22nd March 2014

Our Earth Day Challenge was added to the end of Aim Agency's Earth Day Show, and we also walked alongside the Miss Mundo Virtual finalists.  Wow what a huge event!  Despite being attacked by the lag monkeys part way through my walk (they nailed my feet to the floor temporarily at first stop...), I largely made it through without mishap.  How I did, I have no way of telling, but I did my best.

We were told to style a Cosmo Couture inspired styling.  Cosmo Couture (  http://cosmocouture.org/ ) is an annual Fashion event in which architecture and interior design firms collaborate to make a wearable piece of couture, to a given theme, that is then modeled and judged in a runway show.  We had to do a styling which looked like it was made from materials that would be used in the real life competition.  The theme for us was Earth Day, and we were told to use the colours blue and green in our styling.  Quite a challenge!

In my styling I tried to show the fragility of nature up against Industry, and how small changes in the way we use energy can perhaps give nature a bit more of a chance to survive and even possibly recover.  My outfit was meant to look like black iron scaffolding, black for the lights turned off, and black also to give a threatening feel to 'Industry'.  The butterflies, mainly in Earth Day shades of Blue and Green, with rainbow ones for hope, fluttered and covered it.

My script was this:  '

If we each make small changes we give a chance for Nature to breathe and begin to recover.  I wanted to show Nature and the Earth symbolised in the butterflies, flying free and multiplying, beginning to cover the black ironwork.  For me they are a symbol of delicate hope, fighting back against the impact of man's industy, given the chance because of all our efforts to make changes in our impact on our Planet.'


Stylecard

Gynoid Catsuit - Latex Black - Neurolab

Silver Caged Skirt and Neckpiece (edited) - Tea Lane

Maelle Attire (shoulder and chest piece) - Diram

Couture Corset - Black (lower piece) - Chrysalis

Kazakh Boots - Plastic Black - [sYs]

Scaffolding Sculpted Full perm (used to make headpiece, bracelets, ear pieces and half collar) - FD Bajery

Full perm Butterflies (3 kinds) - FLOOD

Crystal Brows - Onyx -LaGyo

Butterfly rings, Blue/Green / Blue - *ICED*

Makeup - Madrid Solo, +Nuuna+, League

Poses were all from PosEsion, with a Kimono walk from Morgane Batista, that made me look like I was on wheels!

Thom Browne Challenge - April 5th

This has been for me the hardest challenge so far, and introduced me to an amazing designer whose work simply blows my mind.

The web link we were given to use for inspiration was:

http://www.morfae.com/thom-browne-summer-2014/

wowowowow - love....

During my research I discovered that the Designer was 'loosely inspired' by the idea of Elizabethan Clowns.  His show was envisaged as set in a lunatic asylum, with some of the models as nurses and some as patients.   He uses extremely beautiful and luxe fabrics in odd combinations too, like white latex blended with tweed, in wild and sumptuous combinations using simply incredible technical workmanship (as a couture trained dressmaker in real life I am in awe...).  Crazy, beautiful, awe inspiring wearable works of art.

In my styling I wanted to bring out his sculptural forms, the incredible mixes of fabric, and the theatrical Elizabethan feel.  I used 7 designers and 8 outfits in the dress alone, I have *never* used so many in a mix and match before.  Finding poses was a nightmare as there were so many limitations on movement, but I managed to find enough for the walk, even though they were not as exciting as I had hoped them to be.  Thank you also to Isoldel at Isomotion for listening to my frantic begging and giving me a super short walk so my skirt wouldnt break :)



 Stylecard

Envel - Plaid Skirt - .Shi

Deadly Kitten - White - Eshi Otawara (shoulder and hip padding)

BonBon Blouse - Cream - Gizza (sleeves and texture shirt layer)

White Roses - Fellini Couture (edited roses/lace on bust and around skirt)

Circus Corset - White - KBB! (vintage from inventory)

Neck Corset - White - Perception (edited)

Kaya - Chrysalis (pearls on bodice)

Unicorn - Chrysalis - ruff collar

Jessamine Gloves - Snow Leather - [Belgravia]

Burlesque Stockings - Cloud White - Etiquette (vintage from inventory)

Pearl Headdress (silver/white) - Eshi Otawara

Frost Breath hat - *LODE* (edited and resized)

Reale Jewellery - Baiastice (rings and an earring used as neck brooch)

Shoes - Fashion Show Front Row - White - {BSD Design Studio}

Hair - MMG701 - Platinum - Boon

Makeup - Blackliquid, Zibska, League, Glam Affair, Shakeup! Cosmetics



Next weekend is the Charity Challenge - more on that soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment