Monday 9 September 2013

I might be cheap and have no knickers on but I am a LADY - Catskillz Homework under 200L styling

Starts this blog with a loud 'eep' as I usually run away from anything technical.

Okay.....I am starting this new adventure as a result of a homework I was given on my Catskillz training (I love you really Bonie, lol).  We were all given the homework to style an outfit for under 200L, and I confess it was a styling I attacked with relish, as I love to style and it was a challenge I really liked.  In fact, I 'upped the anti' as we say in the UK, and decided to include *everything* except for my shape and my AO/poses, in the challenge.  It meant finding a skin, hair, eyes, as well as the outfit and accessories.  I had fun, though I got off to a lucky start, with an INCREDIBLE Pure Poison bargain at Limited Bazaar. The Giselle Baroque tube dress is truly stunning and a great base to style, for only 10L - OMG - do get it before its gone.  Slurls or weblinks will be given to everything at the end of this post.

Okay, dress - check.  I wanted to va va voom it up even more and I remembered the wonderful Black Dahlia Group Gift that Eshi Otawara has.  Its a full outfit, but like a lot of her designs you can take parts and pieces and match them into other clothing.  The voluptuous ruffle sleeves went perfectly with the Giselle dress, and I was flying then, adding the earrings also from the Eshi Black Dahlia set.  I remembered a chic necklace from Gizza - the Electra in a light ivory/beige I had got in the Gacha Arcade only a few days before, chic and sharp, and a bargain at 75L it slotted just beautifully into my emerging monochrome style.  What next? - ah yes, BSD Design Studio have a great monochrome clutch bag as a free gift in their store, and a rummage in my inventory soon found it (note to self - hire Lion Tamer and whip inventory into some kind of order, omg its embarrassing).  BSD's monochrome clutch is beautifully toned in with the Gizza necklace, but now I had to find shoes.

I decided to plough through Marketplace, having got good hauls from the promotional items and gifts lurking there in the past.  I had been intending on finding some reasonable black pumps, but to my surprise and happiness found the Mafiosa black and ivory pumps by Sex Drugs Fashion.  A complete steal at only 10L, these shoes not only look super cool but wow they match the clutch perfectly.

I needed a hat, and remembered I had plundered the vast and amazing selection of group gifts that Zibska has.  A favourite designer of mine, her items are quirky, avante garde and deeply chic.  Further rummaging in my inventory resulted in a wide smile and the unearthing of her gloriously original and witty Pranzo hat, part of an outfit. I also found her lovely moody Brynna Eyeshadows, another group gift, and chose the smoky Coal colour.

Only a few finishing touches to the outfit now.  I added another really nice Pure Poison item, a group gift Cuff Bracelet in silver, the design echoing the swirls and curves of the baroque pattern on the Giselle dress.

It was now that I decided I wanted to look for a skin and eyes and hair as part of the homework.  I knew The Dressing Room often had skins for 70L from good makers, and of the three I found when I visited, I chose the pale Holly Skin in Candy by Izzie.   I found a nice pair of eyes by AZ Design on Marketplace for only 5L (their Realistic Eyes in Honey), not too dissimilar to my usual ones.

Hair was easy, I had already ransacked the entire group gift selection at Vanity, and that included a lovely Bob style, in my usual Feux colour.  The short full bob worked beautifully into the outfit I was creating. OMG gorgeous free hair helps to make life happy...

I needed lipstick, and a favourite makeup shop sprang to mind.  If you dont know already, check out M.O.C.K. they have free 'tester' lipsticks and glosses that are totally wearable (nope, no 'DEMO' written all over your face!).  A quick TP and hunt at the store resulted in me finding the sheer red Lucir lipgloss in 'venom', which gave a sheer soft red slick to my lips.  I wanted lashes, dammit, and a bit of a trawl through Marketplace again resulted in my finding the tintable Mina Lashes in grey by Kaiba - only 5L too, woot!

Then the luck ran out.  Ughh, I couldnt leave myself with nekkid SL nails, and worried that the bargain prim nails I found might not work with poses, but I discovered that glove nails in my budget (pretty much zero by now) were just not there.  Luckily for me I am a designer and made a ton of glove nails when I was based in Inworldz, so I whistled and innocently looked at the ceiling while I paid LL the 10L needed to import the texture from GIMP.  Voila, deep red glossy fingernails curtesy of Romance Couture hehe.

Okay, no knickers, ah well, the lady will have to be a tramp... Here is the resulting style, made for a jaw dropping 185L (polishes nails on chest and grins..).  Hope you like it (and I hope this blog posts correctly, lol)

Under 200L styling

Giselle Baroque Tube Dress - Pure Poison for Limited Bazaar - 10L
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Euphoria/36/161/26

Black Dahlia Upper Sleeve (part of Black Dahlia Group Gift - Eshi Otawara - Free
Black Dahlia Earrings (as above)
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/blackLiquid/25/58/747

Monochrome Clutch Bag - BSD Gift - Free http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/blackLiquid/25/58/747

Mafiosa Heels shoes -  Sex Drugs Fashion -  10L https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SDF-Mafiosa-Heels-Almost-Free-PROMO/5068471
Cuff Bracelet in Silver - Pure Poison Group Gift - Free http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/zenshi%20south%20two/213/68/27

Electra Necklace in White - Gizza (Arcade Gacha) - 75L http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Country%20Club/165/155/3115

Pranzo Hat - Zibska - part of group gift -  Free http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heavens%20Touch/59/173/1491

Bob Hair in Feux - Vanity Group Gift - Free http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Waterton%20Way/173/131/1027

Skin - Holly Skin Candy Pale by Izzie (The Dressing Room) - 70L http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Imogen/219/159/28

Eyes - Realistic Eyes in Honey Eyes by AZ Design - 5L https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Az-Promo-Realistic-Honey/2535242

Eyelashes - Mina Lash in Grey by Kaiba (tinted darker) - 5L https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kaiba-Mina-Lashes/5143674

Brynna Eyeshadow in Coal - Zibska - Group Gift - Free (slurl as for Pranzo Hat)

Lucir Lipcolor in Venom - Mock - Wearable Tester - Free http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Business%20District%20Delta/126/144/23

Texture Nail Varnish made my me - 10L texture upload cost

Total Cost = 185L

No comments:

Post a Comment